Dishwasher is very handy equipment for household work. Dishwasher automatically washes dishes and you just need to put them inside the washer. But at times, your dishwasher may need some repair work or sometimes even replacement. You must know the basics of replacing or installing the dishwasher. Dishwashers usually require 20-amp circuit to perform its function. So, make sure before installing your dishwasher that you have installed a 20-amp circuit. Besides this, there are many other specifications, which you have to keep in mind samsung dishwasher repair los angeles.
– 12-gauge power supply cord
– Waste-T tailpiece
– Wire connectors
– Utility knife
– Rubber hose
– Hose clamps
– Hole saw
– Drain hose
– Combination tool
– Channel-type pliers
– Brass L-fitting
– Braided steel supply tube
– Air gap
1. Turn off the power at the main service panel of the dishwasher. Also disconnect the water supply through shutoff valve. Locate the drain hose and detach it from sink waste T-tailpiece or garbage disposal. Locate the access panel under the dishwasher door. Take it away also. Now find the electrical box, take its covering off and disconnection the electrical connections. You will find white, black and green (neutral) wires connected to the points. Disconnect them all.
2. Remove the water supply tube at the L-fitting with channel type pliers. Don’t forget to place a pan under water inlet valve before removing the tube. Unfasten any screws holding the dishwasher in place. Remove the dishwasher from the cabinet by sliding it out and eventually separate it from the cabinet. Examine the kitchen sink and look for a pre-drilled hole or sink opening. That is the place where you can install air gap. If you don’t find any opening then drill a hole in the countertop or sink with drill or hole saw.
3. Drill holes into the sink base cabinet. These holes are used for plumbing or electrical lines. Holes size can be determined by manual. Different brands of dishwashers are available and each has different specifications.
4. Place the new dishwasher onto its place properly. Make sure that the dishwasher is mounted on the brackets in perfect alignment with cabinets and countertops. Ease the rubber hose through the hole.
5. Now fasten the drain hose to the nipple on air gap. In case you don’t have an air gap, just simply fasten the drain hose to the counter top’s bottom side with wire. This lifted drain hose will keep the dirty water from re entering into the dishwasher. Now connect the washer’s water supply tube to the shutoff valve with channel type pliers.
6. Install the L-fitting to the threaded outlet after removing the access panel. Fasten the L-fitting with channel type pliers. Now attach the water supply tube with L-fitting.
7. Take the cover off from electrical box and provide it with a 12-gauge power cord. To remove the insulation from the wires you can use combination tool.
8. Now connect the wires into their terminals, i.e. black with black wire, white wires together and green wire with green nut connector. Use wire connectors for white and black wires. Once the connections are made secure, recap the electrical box cover and then replace the access panel. Secure the dishwasher with mounting brackets. In the end, turn on the water and electrical supply and check the working of the dishwasher. Also look for any plumbing leak.